Saturday, February 16, 2008

Geek Spasm

On Thursday night, after coming home from work, I totally geeked out when I found out that Kahnehteh (Eric Canete - check out his super duper blog from the link section) paid a visit to this blog and left a nice note. That... really made my day :D

So... Friday was a bit slow in the office, so I started workin on a new piece. Since Kahnehteh just wrapped up his work on IRON MAN : ENTER THE MANDARIN (a comic book, nothing to do with CNY oranges :P), I was in a really Iron Man-nish mode - so here's the start of my Iron Man model (this is the version from the Marvel Ultimates line of comics).

Just basic form, no surface details yet... and here's a wireshot.


I really like the Ultimate design for Iron Man - they made him look a more insect-like, heavy hitting tank. Plus, that universe's version of Tony Stark is way more funny :p The goal of this project is to be efficient as possible with the polys, and keep the wireflow nice and tidy. Just felt a bit worried after realizing how much I depend on Zbrush these days to do organic modeling, so going back to basics, modeling clean base meshes straight from Maya.

OMG - it's getting late. Will continue working on this tomorrow morning after my morning swim, weekly spring cleaning, bathing my two crazy cats and doing laundry *sigh* ...will I even have the energy?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Just dropping by to say hello. Looking at your work, its amazing what you can do with low poly models. Keep it up!

nickyH said...

Sweet Mod Kiddo..!!

izani said...

salam, yo joe, glad to hear some news from Msia, u got great talent at super organic modeling. Hell envy with ur skills,unfortunately i am not really into Modeling, but got some dream to be super modeler :),u still with maya right?great, all d best